Liverpool Plains Shire Council (LPSC) Mayor, Councillor Andrew Hope, is urging residents to attend community workshops and consultation events towards the development of Council’s Community Strategic Plan (CSP).
Upcoming events include –
- Wallabadah (Hall) drop-in consultation – Thursday Feb 16 – 6.30 – 7.30pm – (tea, coffee & biscuits provided).
- Walhallow (Hall) – drop-in consultation – Friday Feb 17 – Midday – 1.30pm (BBQ provided).
- Quirindi Community roundtable consultation - Monday Feb 20, 7.30 – 8.30pm, at Quirindi RSL, Station Street. (tea, coffee & biscuits provided).
- Blackville roundtable consultation - Tuesday February 21 from 5.30 – 7.30pm at Blackville Hall. (light supper provided).
- Werris Creek roundtable consultation – Wednesday Feb 22 - Werris Creek Bowling and Tennis Club – 6.30 – 8.30pm. (light supper provided).
- Spring Ridge roundtable consultation – Thursday Feb 23 - 6.30 – 8.30pm – Spring Ridge Country Club (light supper provided).
“Further events, with dates to be announced, will be held at Currabubula, Premer, Willow Tree and Warrah Creek,” Councillor Hope said.
“Through our Community Strategic Plan Council wants to identify the main priorities and aspirations of residents and ratepayers to provide a clear set of strategies to achieve this vision into the future. The more people who participate the better outcomes we can achieve.
“Through the consultation process we wish to address four key questions for the community, where are we now, where do we want to be in ten years’ time, how will we get there and how will we know when we have arrived? Different people and communities have different aspirations and by attending these events you will help us get a clearer picture of wishes and desires,” he said.
“Council would also like all residents to complete a quick survey to have your say, to tell us what you think is the best way forward and to help shape a better future for everyone that lives and works in our Shire. It’s online at - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LPSCCommunity and will also be available at workshops and consultation events,” he continued.
“This is vitally important, we really want everyone to participate so as an inducement everyone who completes the survey will go into the draw for the chance to win one of the following three prizes, Royal Theatre tickets to the value of $100, Season pass to the swimming pool at either Werris Creek or Quirindi valued at $135 (for 2017/18 season) and Six month gym membership at the Recreation Centre to the value of $423,” Councillor Hope concluded.