With the return of students to school, the operating hours at both Quirindi and Werris Creek pools have changed to 12 midday to 8pm Monday to Sunday. The early morning operating hours at the Quirindi pool remain Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 6am to 8am.
During February a number of swimming carnivals will be held that will mean the pools will be closed for these events. The applicable dates and times are;
- February 3 – Midday to 2pm – Quirindi Swimming Club Carnival
- February 8 – 3pm to 8pm – St Joseph’s School Swimming Carnival
- February 9 – Midday to 3.30pm – Quirindi Public Swimming Carnival
- February 15 – Midday to 3.30pm – Quirindi High School Swimming Carnival
- February 22 – Midday to 2pm – Quirindi Public K to 2 Swimming Carnival
Werris Creek Pool
- February 2 – Midday 2pm to 2.30pm – Werris Creek Public Swimming Carnival
- February 8 – Midday to 2.30pm – Wallabadah & Willow Tree Public Swimming Carnival
- February 9 – Midday to 1pm – Small Schools Carnival
- February 10 – Closed all day – Werris Creek Swimming Club host Speedo Sprints
- February 11 – Closed until 3pm - Werris Creek Swimming Club host Speedo Sprints
- February 16 – Midday to 3.30pm – Zone Swimming Carnival
The Liverpool Plains Recreation Centre has various programs, suitable for all ages and physical condition.
The very popular Yoga with Charlie Abra is back on Mondays at 4pm. Please drop in to the Rec Centre in Station Street Quirindi or call 6746 3122 for further details. If your call goes to the answering machine please leave your name and contact details so staff can get back to you.