Work commences in George Street next Monday
With work starting on the major road remedial works being undertaken in George Street Quirindi, between Railway Square and Carlos IGA, next Monday 22 February, Liverpool Plains Shire Council Mayor, Councillor Doug Hawkins is urging both motorists and pedestrians to be aware and cautious when in the area.
What you need to know;
- When - Monday 22 and through until Friday 26 February inclusive
- Times - 6.30am and 5.30pm each day, weather permitting
- Line marking – Parking bays and line marking between Dalley and Stations Streets through to William Street in George Street on Thursday 25 and Friday 26 after 6.30pm.
- Detours will be in place under traffic control
- Limited parking along George Street. Park vehicles on the crossroads, Henry, Pryor, Thomas and Dalley Streets
- Quirindi Station carpark will be in operation. Follow the directions of traffic controllers. There will be alterations to the entry and exit points.
- Controlled pedestrian access will always be available
- Detours for heavy vehicle via Hill Street, between Nowland and Whittaker Streets
- Town bus services will be impacted with temporary diversions
- Light vehicle’s accesses will be modified and controlled as work progresses
- Be aware of loose gravel on road
- There are no planned disruptions to water or electrical connections envisaged