Following on from the water main upgrade currently underway in Centre Street Quirindi, roadway reconstruction is scheduled to begin on Monday 1 March.
“Works will be undertaken between 7am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, with the possibility of some works being undertaken on Saturdays,” said LPSC Mayor, Councillor Doug Hawkins OAM.
“During these works, Centre Street will operate as a one-way traffic movement with entry via Perkins Street and exiting via Cross Street. Pedestrian access will always remain for residences and pedestrians will be diverted around any hazards.
“The works will commence on the western side (Hawker St side) of Centre Street. All residents and their visitors are requested to park their vehicle on the eastern side of the street. During kerb and gutter placement driveways will be inaccessible, for a period of 2-3 days, to allow concrete to cure.
Throughout the duration of the project there will be short-term access restriction to driveways. The project team will provide residents with advance notice as the works get closer,” he said.
Project activities and Timeline
- LPSC Construction crew will establish a work zone and commence work on removal of existing Kerb and gutter followed by installation of stormwater pipes, pits and subsoil drainage.
- Earthworks for new kerb and gutter followed by their installation.
- Backfilling and reinstatement of verges and existing driveways to standard prior to construction work.
- Removal of unsuitable roadway material and pavement reconstruction.
- Final trimming and bituminous surfacing.
“The roadway improvements will improve the long-term sustainability of the assets. Improvements include roadway reconstruction, underground improvements to stormwater and subsoil drainage system and installation of new kerb and gutter.
“The project is expected to be completed by late May 2021, weather and site conditions permitting,” Councillor Hawkins concluded.